Fluorite was designed for planted aquariums. This substrate is considered one of the best in the business but with quality comes a hefty price. This substrate was designed specifically for growing plants in freshwater aquariums which has created some pros and cons, which are listed below.
- Provides nutrients for plant roots
- Will not change the PH of your water
- Comes in natural looking colors that are aesthetically pleasing
- Can be incredibly dusty
- Rinse thoroughly. When you think you are done rinse it again.
- Aquarium maintenance can cause cloudy water.