Fish who experience fungus have more than likely been exposed to other serious health problems or attacks, such as parasites, a physical injury or a bacterial infection. These fish are incredibly vulnerable in this state.
Keep fish in a friendly environment, where their fins will not be bitten and maintain healthy water quality.
- Fish will develop a white film or fuzz on their body
- If untreated the fish will develop a cotton-like growth
- As the fungus grows the fish will eventually die
- Remove and carbon filters
- Turn off UV sterilizers
- Add medication as directed
- Use 1 TBS of salt per gallon as prevention
- Complete a 20% water change in between medical doses