A deadly disease (VHSV or VHSv) transferred to your fish from already infected fish.
Quarantine new fish for up to 7 days before introducing them into your aquarium.
- Odd behavior
- Red open sores
- Reddish tints of the eyes, skin, fins or gills that look like bruises
- Bloated abdomens
- Protruding eyes
- Hemorrhaging of internal organs, skin and muscle
- Some symptoms may not be visible
- Remove carbon filters
- Turn off UV sterilizers
- Add medicatication as directed
- However there is no known cure, broad spectrum treatments have been known to reduce mortality rates