Often times lice is introduced into the aquarium from a fish from a pond, river or lake. Lice will travel from host to host spreading bacteria and viruses.
Avoid putting wild or outdoor fish in your aquarium without quarantine of at least a week.
- Lice bite marks
- Lice on the fish. Lice appear flat, oval and as a dark spot on the fish. They have 8 legs and look like flat crabs.
- Scratching on aquarium surfaces in attempt to remove lice
- Fish are restless and aggravated
- Physically removing the parasite
- Using a saltwater bath for 5 minutes a day until the parasite dies